Old-Fashioned Orange Sherbet
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is one of the creamiest orange sherbets I have ever enjoyed! Great for kids of all ages. The Test Kitchen
How to Make Old-Fashioned Orange Sherbet
- 1Open evaporated milk and put in freezer until ice crystals begin to form around the edges.
- 2In a separate bowl combine last 3 ingredients and have them ready to add to whipped milk.
- 3Turn the iced milk into well chilled mixer bowl and whip with beaters until stiff.
- 4Add the last three ingredients very slowly, 1 TBS at a time to whipped milk.
- 5Whip until very stiff.
- 6Pour into prepared ice cream machine and process according to your freezers directions. *The original 1950's recipe says pour into freezer tray and freeze till firm. If you do not have access to an ice cream maker you may do this also.
- 7Makes 1 1/4 quarts