Old-Fashioned Orange Sherbet
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is one of the creamiest orange sherbets I have ever enjoyed! Great for kids of all ages. The Test Kitchen
How to Make Old-Fashioned Orange Sherbet
- Open evaporated milk and put in freezer until ice crystals begin to form around the edges.
- In a separate bowl combine last 3 ingredients and have them ready to add to whipped milk.
- Turn the iced milk into well chilled mixer bowl and whip with beaters until stiff.
- Add the last three ingredients very slowly, 1 TBS at a time to whipped milk.
- Whip until very stiff.
- Pour into prepared ice cream machine and process according to your freezers directions. *The original 1950's recipe says pour into freezer tray and freeze till firm. If you do not have access to an ice cream maker you may do this also.
- Makes 1 1/4 quarts