Lemon Ice Cream
I have been making this for 38 years, since I got the recipe from a cookbook that a school where I worked put together. One of the teachers, Mrs. Barksdale, submitted this refreshing recipe.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Fresh, tart and creamy dreamy! This would be superb served with any type of fruit cobbler... The Test Kitchen
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 c
- granulated sugar (you can use splenda)
- 1 pt
- half and half
- 2 tsp
- grated lemon zest
- 2 dash(es)
- (2 drops) yellow food coloring (optional)
How to Make Lemon Ice Cream
- 1Blend well all of the above ingredients.
- 2Pour into a cake pan, glass loaf pan -or ice tray without the removable inserts.
- 3Freeze for 3 hours in freezer or freezing compartment of refrigerator.
It is not necessary to stir, as it freezes smooth.
No cooking -let the freezer do the work; no ice cream maker needed. Enjoy.
Delicious and refreshing on top of a warm slice of Blackberry (or Blueberry) Cobbler.