Lemon Ice Cream
I have been making this for 38 years, since I got the recipe from a cookbook that a school where I worked put together. One of the teachers, Mrs. Barksdale, submitted this refreshing recipe.
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 c
- granulated sugar (you can use splenda)
- 1 pt
- half and half
- 2 tsp
- grated lemon zest
- 2 dash(es)
- (2 drops) yellow food coloring (optional)
How to Make Lemon Ice Cream
- 1Blend well all of the above ingredients.
- 2Pour into a cake pan, glass loaf pan -or ice tray without the removable inserts.
- 3Freeze for 3 hours in freezer or freezing compartment of refrigerator.
It is not necessary to stir, as it freezes smooth.
No cooking -let the freezer do the work; no ice cream maker needed. Enjoy.
Delicious and refreshing on top of a warm slice of Blackberry (or Blueberry) Cobbler.