How to Make Delicious Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add sugar & mix well. Add: whipping cream, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla flavoring. Mix well.
- Pour above mixture into 6-quart ice cream freezer canister, then add the whole milk.
- Place ice and rock salt around outside of canister, in layers, to the top of the freezer. Keep adding ice, followed by rock salt, as ice melts while canister is churning. You will use about 1-1/2 boxes of rock salt and (2) 10-lb. bags of ice, by the time you are finished making this ice cream.
- Unplug freezer, when it stops churning. (My "White Mountain" freezer takes 20-25 minutes to do this.) Pack ice down w/a large towel over the top of the freezer, until ready to serve ice cream. Enjoy! :)
- Note: Some people prefer to use Mexican vanilla, and it does taste good. I have tried several kinds of vanilla w/this recipe, though, and I prefer "Adam's Best" Vanilla Flavoring (which uses a combination of artificial and real vanilla flavorings in it).