Cool and Creamy Fruit Ice Cream
Also, check out my "Mama's Cheery Cherry Ice Cream." It is very good, and sometimes I change it up and substitute pineapple for the cherries. Yummy!!
- 2 c
- (1 pint) heavy whipping cream (don't whip)
- 1 can(s)
- (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- fresh fruit (peaches, strawberries, etc. - your choice) mashed or cut in small chunks
How to Make Cool and Creamy Fruit Ice Cream
- 1Combine sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in large bowl; stir in 1 cup prepared fruit. Fold in 2 cups (1 pint) heavy whipping cream (do not use non-dairy whipped topping). Pour into 9 x 5-inch loaf pan or a 2-quart freezer container; cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
I did stir it once after in was in freezer about 2 hours, and the sides were set. Just stir the edges toward the middle.
- 2OTHER FRUITS: In addition to the Peach Ice Cream, I have made Strawberry Ice Cream using this easy, delicious recipe. I haven't tried it yet, but I think Banana (with or without added Cinnsmon) would be heavenly! Enjoy!
- 3NOTE: I no longer have an ice cream churn, and like to be able to just make it in my freezer. However, you can use an ice cream freezer/churn. Just use 3 cups (1 1/2 pts.) half-and-half, instead of the whipping cream. Combine all ingredients in ice cream freezer container; mix well. Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.