★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 12 ounce container blackberries (frozen works great too)
- 2/3 c
- cups sugar
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1-1/2 c
- heavy whipping cream
- shavings of chocolate white or dark (optional)
How to Make Blackberry Fool
- 1In a food processor or blender puree the berries.
- 2add 1/3 cup sugar (use less if using sweetened, frozen berries) and a squeeze of lemon juice and blend.
- 3In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer or whisk, beat the cream, add the remaining 1/3 cups sugar gradually as the cream whips, until it holds a peak when the beater (or whisk) is lifted from the bowl.
- 4Blend in the puree.
- 5spoon into individual glasses and chill or freeze.
- 6add some chocolate shavings, berries or whipped cream. (optional)