★★★★★ 2 votes5
112 ounce container blackberries (frozen works great too)
2/3 ccups sugar
1squeeze of lemon juice
1-1/2 cheavy whipping cream
·shavings of chocolate white or dark (optional)
How to Make Blackberry Fool
- In a food processor or blender puree the berries.
- add 1/3 cup sugar (use less if using sweetened, frozen berries) and a squeeze of lemon juice and blend.
- In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer or whisk, beat the cream, add the remaining 1/3 cups sugar gradually as the cream whips, until it holds a peak when the beater (or whisk) is lifted from the bowl.
- Blend in the puree.
- spoon into individual glasses and chill or freeze.
- add some chocolate shavings, berries or whipped cream. (optional)