★★★★★ 1 vote5
PREPARING THE BERRIES
1 lbfresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
1/2 cgranulated white sugar
1/4 cbutter (half of a stick/softened)
1 cgranulated sugar
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cwhole milk (reduced fat/skimmed milks just aren't as tasty)
1 tspgood quality vanilla
1/2 creserved strawberry juice
How to Make Strawberry Cobbler
- Preparing the berries: clean/hull/quarter the strawberries.
- Add sugar and water. Allow berries to soften and release juice for 20 minutes or until soft & yummy.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of released juice (you'll need it in a bit).
- Cream together softened butter and sugar.
- Sift together flour/baking powder/salt.
- Mix milk and vanilla together in separate measuring cup.
- Alternating between wet and dry (I usually do it in halves), add to creamed butter/sugar mixture. Blend until all is incorporated and forms a thick batter.
- Spray the inside of 9x9 baking pan with non-stick spray of your choice. Spread the batter into the pan (it doesn't have to even, just make sure it goes corner to corner and edge to edge).
- Pour strawberries on top of batter and spread them out a bit (don't mush them in, just layer them). Add the reserved stawberry juice.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes until the crust is golden brown and delicious. Don't worry if the browning isn't even...this is a cobbler not cake.
- Remove and allow to cool a bit. This is yummiest served warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.