Raspberry Cream Delight
The raspberry sauce can be made a day or two ahead and refrigerated until serving.
Just the right amount of tartness with the unsweetend raspberries on the crust layer and not to sweet.
1 pkg16 ounce refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 cwhite vanilla baking chips or more to cover bottom of crust
1 cfrozen raspberries, thawed and mashed
1 lblemon creamy ready to spread frosting
1 pkg8 ounce cream cheese, softened
1 tsplemon extract
1 pkg12 ounce frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 3/4 cwater, plus 1 tablespoon
WHITE CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
1 cwhite chocolate chips or white dipping chocolate
1 tspvegetable oil
How to Make Raspberry Cream Delight
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan with shortening.
- Break up the cookie dough into the pan and press evenly on the bottom to form crust.
- Bake 12-18 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately sprinkle 1 cup of the baking chips evenly over the crust. ( I have substituted white dipping chocolate and shredded it until crust had a nice layer covering it) I thought this chocolate was much better... Let stand 5 minutes. Spread evenly with back of spoon. Cool completely.
- Stir 1 cup of the raspberries with a fork in a small bowl until broken up and slightly mashed; refrigerate.
- In a large bowl,, beat frosting, cream cheese and lemon extract with electric mixer until well blended. About 5 minutes. Fold in whipped topping and refrigerate.
- Spread mashed raspberries over cooled crust. Place in freezer 15 minutes. Spread frosting mixture over raspberries. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- To serve, top with raspberry sauce and drizzle with melted white chocolate. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator.
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
In a saucepan, combine raspberries, 1 3/4 cup water and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Mash raspberry mixture and strain through a fine sieve into a 2-cup measuring cup; discard seeds. Add water if needed to make 2 cups puree. Return to saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth, gradually stir into raspberry mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; cool. Store in refrigerator. I put mine in a covered mason pint jar. Makes 2 cups.
- WHITE CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
In a small resealable freezer plastic bag, place 1 cup white chocolate chips or dipping chocolate cut up or grated and the oil; seal bag.
- Microwave on high 1 minute. Squeeze bag to mix; microwave in 10 second increments, squeezing after each interval, until chips are melted and smooth.
Cut small hole in one bottom of bag; squeeze bag to drizzle mixture over top of the dessert. Cut into squares. Refrigerate.