Nilla Apple Crisp
Actually, this recipe is designed to reduce the fat in apple crisp. per serving: calories 160, cholesterol 0mg, dietary fiber 1g, total fat 6g, saturated fat 2g, sodium 80 mg, carbohydrate 28g, sugars 21g,
This is a Kraft Foods Recipe and can be found on their website:
- 4 large
- granny smith apples (2lbs), peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c
- packed brown sugar, divided (can use splenda brown sugar)
- 2 tsp
- ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/3 c
- old fashioned or quick cooking oats
- 1/4 c
- cold margarine
- reduced fat vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 1/2 c
- cool whip lite whipped topping
How to Make Nilla Apple Crisp
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Toss apples with 1/4 c. brown sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Spoon into 8 or 9 inch square baking dish.
- 3Combine oats, remaining sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in margarine with pasty blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in wafer crumbs.; sprinkle over apples.
- 4Bake 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. Served topped with cool whip.