DECADENT POACHED PEARS with RASPBERRY SAUCE
- firm, ripe pears
- 4 c
- 1/4 c
- lemon juice
- 1 c
- fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1/3 c
- orange juice ( optional )
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- cornstarch ( optional )
How to Make DECADENT POACHED PEARS with RASPBERRY SAUCE
- 1Peel pears, leaving stems intact. Cut off one side of each pear so it will lay flat.
- 2Combine water and lemon juice in a large saucepan, bring to a boil; Add pears, return to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes or pears are tender. Drain; place pears in a dish cover. Chill 3 hours, or overnight.
- 3Thaw raspberries if frozen Combine raspberries, orange juice, splenda, and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly, cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- 4Press through a fine sieve, discard seeds . Cover and chill until serving time.