I think it will be wonderful for Summer. If anyone has any idea where this came please let me know. I have no idea if it is a dessert, side or starter. I think depending on what else is served it could be used for any of these...
- ripe honeydew melon or 2 cantalopes
- 1/4 c
- super fine sugar
- 1/2 c
- muscat wine (sauternes can also be used).
- blood oranges-peeled, sliced and take out seeds
- pineapple-peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- fresh strawberries-hulled and sliced
- handfuls of blueberries
- handful of raspberries
- pink grapefruit-sectioned and w/out membranes
- any other season fruit can be used. use caution with apples and pears as they brown and will look unattractive.
- mint sprigs or edible flowers (rose petals, pansies, or other unsprayed flowers, available at gourmet shops. do not use nasturtiums as they are spicy.
PREPARE THE FOLLOWING FRUITS:
How to Make Chanterelle
- 1Scoup fruit out of Honeydew or Cantalope.
Puree in a food processor.
- 2Stir in sugar until it completely disolves.
- 3Taste and add more sugar if needed.
- 4Stir in wine and set aside.
- 5Arrange fruits in individual bowls.
- 6Ladel soup over fruit and garnish with mint sprigs or edible flowers.