I think it will be wonderful for Summer. If anyone has any idea where this came please let me know. I have no idea if it is a dessert, side or starter. I think depending on what else is served it could be used for any of these...
1ripe honeydew melon or 2 cantalopes
1/4 csuper fine sugar
1/2 cmuscat wine (sauternes can also be used).
PREPARE THE FOLLOWING FRUITS:
2blood oranges-peeled, sliced and take out seeds
1/4pineapple-peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
6fresh strawberries-hulled and sliced
2handfuls of blueberries
1handful of raspberries
1/2pink grapefruit-sectioned and w/out membranes
·any other season fruit can be used. use caution with apples and pears as they brown and will look unattractive.
4mint sprigs or edible flowers (rose petals, pansies, or other unsprayed flowers, available at gourmet shops. do not use nasturtiums as they are spicy.
How to Make Chanterelle
- Scoup fruit out of Honeydew or Cantalope.
Puree in a food processor.
- Stir in sugar until it completely disolves.
- Taste and add more sugar if needed.
- Stir in wine and set aside.
- Arrange fruits in individual bowls.
- Ladel soup over fruit and garnish with mint sprigs or edible flowers.