Cast Iron Skillet Peach Cobbler
- 4 c
- sliced peaches
- 1-2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- flour (topping)
- 1 Tbsp
- sugar (topping)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder (topping)
- 1/8th tsp
- salt (topping)
- 3 Tbsp
- shortening (topping)
How to Make Cast Iron Skillet Peach Cobbler
- 1Mix Topping Ingredients well and then add 1/2 cup of milk to make batter.
- 2Put 10 inch skillet on medium heat to warm up.
- 3Combine peaches and other ingredients in a bowl stirring well.
- 4Add enough juice from fruit to create slurry.
- 5Not too much juice.....but enough to make it look right.
- 6Add to skillet and bring to a bubbling simmer.
- 7Place Topping around peach mixture and put in oven for 15 minutes and check it, rotating skillet if needed.
- 8Bake another 10-15 minutes until browned on top....!!!