Betty's Tropical Mille Feuilles - Aussie Style
This looks so wonderful on a plate. Everything can be made ahead of time and assembled just before serving. I drizzle a little prepared strawberry sauce around the plate to add to the WOW factor.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·4 sheets of the best quality puff pastry you can find
·1/4 cup icing (confection) sugar
·200g/7 oz masarpone
·1 cup fresh cream, freshly whipped
·1/2 cup fresh passion fruit pulp (you'll need about 4 )
·2 large ripe mango, thinly sliced
·prepared strawberry sauce for jazzing up your plates - optional
·extra icing/confection sugar for dusting - optional
How to Make Betty's Tropical Mille Feuilles - Aussie Style
- Pre-heat oven to 200oc/400oF. Line 2 large baking trays and have another 2 ready the same size.
- Lightly dust the thawed pastry with 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Cut each pastry down the middle so you have even rectangles. Cut each rectangle into equal quarters - sideways so you have 4 equal sized pastries. Repeat with the with the second pastry.
- Place the quarters on the baking trays with the baking paper. Spray two extra sheets of baking paper with oil spray and place on top of the pastry - oiled side down . Top each tray of pastry with a "spare" tray. Bake in the prepared oven for 15 - 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, beat the cream with the remaining sugar until thickened. Add the mascarpone and beat until well incorporated. Set aside until needed or pop in the fridge if you have made it well ahead of time.
- Once the pastry is cooked, remove from the oven. Take of the spare tray and the baking paper off the top of the pastry. Allow the pastry to cool COMPLETELY before assembling. This can be done a couple of hours ahead of time.
- To assemble:
On each plate place one pastry on the bast. Top with a dollop of the creamy mix, spread out and top with a large spoonful of passion fruit.
Place a layer or pastry on top. On the second layer, add a dollop of the creamy mixture and spread out and top with slices of fresh mango.
Place another pastry layer on top. Add the last dollop of creamy mixture to each pastry and spread out, top that with any remaining fruit.
Finally top with the last layer of pastry and dust with sugar if desired and jazz up your plate with strawberry sauce if using.
Serve at once.