Betty's Pineapple Crunch
Tweaked a bit by me- and I suppose by those before me-as is the case in most hand-me-down recipes! LOL
Try this recipe with other fruits and ice cream and pudding flavors too! Endless combinations.
- 1 c
- crushed cornflakes
- 2 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 1/3 c
- butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp
- 16 oz
- can crushed pineapple;using juice too
- 2 c
- vanilla ice cream,softened
- 3 oz
- pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
How to Make Betty's Pineapple Crunch
- 1Preheat oven to 350^. Spray or grease a 9-inch square baking pan. Set aside.
- 2In a bowl combine cornflake crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into the prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
- 3In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and pineapple and the juice, blending well.
Bring mixture to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool completely.
- 4In a bowl beat the softened ice cream and dry pudding mix on low speed for about 2 minutes;blending until thickened. Spoon over cold crust. Top with cold pineapple mixture.
Refrigerate until serving time..Enjoy!