Betty's Easy Sour Cream Apple Slice
Can be made the day before and stored in the fridge until needed.
I have only made this with the fresh apple option, but trust that canned (tinned) apples would work just as well.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 packet butter cake mix (the cheapest ones work best) - use gluten free cake mix for gluten free option and increase butter with an extra tablespoon of melted butter
·1/2 cup melted butter
·400 g (14 oz) sour cream
·1/2 ts cinnamon
·1 ts vanilla extract
·400g (14 oz) tin pie apples or 1 kilo (2 pounds) fresh apples, peeled, cored, sliced and lightly cooked
·1 tablespoon course raw sugar to sprinkle on top
·1 large egg
How to Make Betty's Easy Sour Cream Apple Slice
- Pre heat oven to 180oC (375oF). Well grease and line a 20cm (8 inch) square cake tin.
- In a bowl combine the cake mix and melted butter. Mix well and press evenly into the base of the prepared tin. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes
- While the base is cooking, prepare the topping. Combine the soured cream, egg, cinnamon and vanilla in the same bowl (less washing up later) and mix well with a whisk.
- Once the base is ready, gently spread the apples on top and pour over the sour cream topping. Sprinkle the sugar and top and bake for a further 20 -22 minutes. The topping should be set - when you gently shake the pan, the topping should wobble like well set set jelly/jello
- Allow to cool completely in the pan, when cooled to room temp. slice into squares and enjoy. Any reserved slice is best kept in the fridge due to the high diary content.