Baked Bananas Calypso Style
- 1/3 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/3 c
- light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3 medium
- bananas,medium ripe
- 2 stick
- cinnamon 3-inch sticks, broken into small pieces
- 1/4 c
- dry red or white wine
- 1/8 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp
- vanilla ice cream or light cream
How to Make Baked Bananas Calypso Style
- 1Heat oven to 375^. Lightly spray or grease an 8 inch square baking dish.
- 2Combine sugars on a sheet of waxed paper, mixing well.(I like to put it through my sifter.)
Peel bananas; roll in half of the sugar mixture, coating well. Place in prepared baking pan, pierce bananas all over with the cinnamon stick pieces; sprinkle with wine, then with the remaining sugar mixture and ground cinnamon. Dot with pieces of butter.
- 3Bake uncovered and basting occasionally, 30 to 35 minutes, or until tender.
Before serving , remove cinnamon pieces; cut each banana in half, Serve slightly warm with ice cream or cream.