Awesome Fried Apples
How to Make Awesome Fried Apples
- 1Core apples and slice into 1/2-inch slices (do not peel).
- 2Melt butter in large skillet over medium low heat.
- 3Add apples to melted butter.
- 4Sprinkle apples with the sugar and salt. Stir apples with a wooden spoon to coat them with the butter and sugar mixture.
- 5Cover skillet with lid.
- 6Cook apples for approximately 15 minutes until the juice has risen to cover the apples. Gentle shake the skillet to "stir" the apples. Apples should be fork tender at this point
- 7Remove lid and increase temperature to medium or just slightly higher.
- 8Leave lid off apples and cook until apple juice has reduced down and is almost gone.
- 9With wooden spoon gently stir apples to see if they are caramelizing on the bottom. Watch carefully so this does not burn, but is just a nice caramel brown.
- 10Serve with pork (a fried pork chop is great) and biscuits with butter.