Awesome Fried Apples
How to Make Awesome Fried Apples
- Core apples and slice into 1/2-inch slices (do not peel).
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium low heat.
- Add apples to melted butter.
- Sprinkle apples with the sugar and salt. Stir apples with a wooden spoon to coat them with the butter and sugar mixture.
- Cover skillet with lid.
- Cook apples for approximately 15 minutes until the juice has risen to cover the apples. Gentle shake the skillet to "stir" the apples. Apples should be fork tender at this point
- Remove lid and increase temperature to medium or just slightly higher.
- Leave lid off apples and cook until apple juice has reduced down and is almost gone.
- With wooden spoon gently stir apples to see if they are caramelizing on the bottom. Watch carefully so this does not burn, but is just a nice caramel brown.
- Serve with pork (a fried pork chop is great) and biscuits with butter.