Apricots stuffed with Cream
This lovely dessert is sticky, deliciously sweet and syrupy with a slight crunch from the nuts, try it you won`t be disappointed, it`s quick and really easy to prepare, even easier to eat.
Make sure to get good quality apricots; you are looking for, large, firm and fleshy apricots, that will be perfect for stuffing with cheese.
An interesting variation might be to add cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom or vanilla bean to the syrup.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 pound dried turkish apricots
·2½ cups sugar
·3 cups water
·1 teaspoon lemon juice
·1 pound marscapone
·¾ cup chopped almonds or walnuts
·1/4 cup toasted, pistachio nuts, finely grated
How to Make Apricots stuffed with Cream
- Soak the apricots in cold water overnight.
- Next day drain the juice in a small pot, and set the apricots aside until needed.
- Add sugar to juice and boil over medium heat for 10 minutes, then add the apricots.
- Simmer on low heat for 20-25 min or until the apricots are tender and the liquid has become syrupy.
- Add lemon juice at last minute; and remove from heat.
- Allow the apricots to cool down; then using a slotted spoon transfer the apricots to a plate.
- With a spoon, open the apricots halfway (without completely separating them) and fill the inside with the sweet cheese and place an almond or walnut in each apricot and close.
- Arrange the apricots (slit side up), pour some of the syrup over them. (use only as much as they can absorb)
- Now garnish with the pistachio nuts, by dipping the sides of the apricot into the finely grated pistachio.
- Place the stuffed apricots on a pretty platter, side by side and enjoy.