- 1 oz
- irish moss (measure by weight!!) note: make sure that you blend this in the almond milk until you get a thick-gelly like consistency and there are no pieces of the moss left. scrape the lid and sides and make sure all the bits are totally blended.
- 1 c
- almond milk
- 3 c
- strawberries, chopped (12 oz. in weight) save a few slices for garnish if you wish!
- 1/2 c
- maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp
- vanilla extract (pure please)
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp
- sea salt
- 3 Tbsp
- veganaise (yes, it's a vegan mayonaise and whole foods/sprouts carry it) you could use 2 tablespoons of lecithen here, but it's soy so i don't use it.
- 1/2 c
- coconut oil
ONCE YOU GET THE MOSS/ALMOND MILK MIXTURE CONSISTENCY RIGHT..ADD...
ONCE THE LAST 5 INGREDIENTS ARE BLENDED IN AND SMOOTH PROCEED WITH THE LAST TWO, THEY ARE ALWAYS ADDED IN LAST!!!!
How to Make Strawberry Parfait
- 1Now that you've reached this point, resume blending making sure that the last two ingredients are very well blended into the mixture.
You can put the mixture in parfait glasses or one big glass container. If you use a big container give it extra time to set up. That is what I did.
Put into the fridge for 30-40 minutes for a parfait glasses and at least 3 hours for a large container. Check the parfait, if you used the big container and it is still liquid in the middle after 3 hours leave it longer. It will set up, mine did and it was very nice in texture.
- 2This will keep for about 2 days in the fridge. We ate ours in two days, we really liked it. Be adventuresome, use raspberries or blueberries instead of the strawberries for a different flavor.