Yummy Coconut Cream Pie
3 Tbspcorn starch
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1/4 tspcoconut extract
2egg yolks, beaten (save egg whites if you like meringue, i don't)
2 cshredded coconut
19" pre-made pie crust
How to Make Yummy Coconut Cream Pie
- Pre Bake your 9" pie crust in a preheated 400 degree oven for 12-15 min until golden brown. In Saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, 1/2 t salt, milk, & egg yolks. Cook over med heat stirring constantly, until thick and creamy, remove from heat.
- Add vanilla, coconut ext, and butter, mix until butter melted.
- Stir in shredded coconut.
- Pour into the pre-baked pie crust. Cool. When cool, if you like meringue (which I don't) beat egg whites with 1/8 C sugar, 1/2 t cream of tartar and 1/2 t. vanilla til stiff peaks form. put over top of cake. Make peaks by tapping top with a spoon.
- Put in 350 degree oven til peaks turn brown. ENJOY!