World's Best and Flakiest Pie Crust Bar NONE!
Everyone who eats this crust always says it's the best they've EVER had.
The crazy thing is, it actually smells vinegary when baking but don't let that fool you. Just wait until you taste it.
Oh! And it's so easy to work with, you can actually save the trim and re-roll it.
- 5 c
- 1 lb
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- apple cider vinegar
- icy cold water
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
How to Make World's Best and Flakiest Pie Crust Bar NONE!
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine Flour, Baking Powder and Salt. Add Lard and mix until very crumbly.
- 2Pour 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar into a 1 cup measuring cup. Beat in 1 egg. Fill to the 1 cup line with ice cold water. Mix well.
- 3Pour liquids into flour/lard mixture and blend well.
- 4Divide into 5 parts for individual pie crusts. Roll out on floured board and be amazed!
- 5For sweet pies, glaze with brushed egg yolk and sugar.
For meat pies, glaze and salt.
Keeps up to 2 weeks in the fridge.