This is so crazy easy! So flaky! No fail! During the holidays when I know I'll be using a lot of pie crust I make up 3 or 4 at a time and keep them refrigerated.
The flaky buttery taste will make you say "no more" bought pie crust too!
If you're intimidated like I was..just give it a try...you'll be so pleasantly surprised YOU CAN DO IT!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12 Tbspvery cold butter (1 1/2 sticks)
3 call purpose flour
1/3 cvery cold vegetable shortening
6-8 Tbspice water
How to Make Pie Crust
- Dice the butter and return it to the refrigerator.
- Combine flour,salt, and sugar in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
Pulse 2-3 times to mix.
- Add butter and shortening.
Pulse 8-12 times until the mixture has a "pea size" texture.
- With the food processor running, add the ice water and pulse the machine until the dough forms a ball.
Dump dough out on to a floured surface.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 -1 hour.
- When you're ready to make the pie crust cut the dough in half and place 1 half out on a floured surface.
Roll from the center to the edge, then rotate the dough one quarter turn. Repeat rolling and turning until it forms a circle large enough for the pie dish.