LEMON CHESS PIE
1unbaked pie crust (store bought or your favorite homemade)
2 Tbspgrated lemon zest (optional)
1 Tbspall purpose flour
1 Tbspplain cornmeal
1/4 csalted butter, melted (add 1/8 teaspoon salt to flour mixture if using unsalted butter)
1/4 clemon juice (fresh squeezed is best, but bottled is okay)
How to Make LEMON CHESS PIE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and set the pie crust (in pie pan) on a cookie sheet on the counter.
- Add eggs and beat well (I use a wire whisk.)
- Add melted butter, milk and lemon juice and blend well.
- Pour into pie crust and bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes (until set in middle.)
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
- Let cool for a minimum of 2 hours (preferably 4 hours.)