KY BOURBON SWEET POTATO PIE
2-3 largesweet potatoes (equal to 2 cups cooked & mashed)
1unbaked deep dish pie shell, your favorite
1 cgranulated white sugar
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/4 tspground ginger
1/8 tspfreshly grated nutmeg
1/8 tsppumpkin pie spice
4 Tbspsalted butter, melted
1/2 cwhole milk
1 tspkentucky bourbon (such as maker's mark brand)
1 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make KY BOURBON SWEET POTATO PIE
- Preheat oven to 450 ºF.
- Bake at 450ºF for 1 hour; remove from oven when fork tender; allow to cool for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare or thaw pie shell and place, in pie pan, on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Melt butter in small bowl in microwave (or in small saucepan on stove.)
- Mash and mix sweet potatoes until smooth, removing and discarding any stringy pieces.
- Garnish each slice with sweet bourbon whipped cream and a sprig of mint or candied pecans, if desired.
- BOURBON WHIPPED CREAM:
1 Cup heavy whipping cream
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon confectioner's sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon Kentucky bourbon
In mixing bowl, whip cream to soft peak stage; while whipping, gradually add sugars; continue whipping while adding bourbon. Whip to fairly stiff peak stage. Refrigerate leftovers.