FROZEN ORANGE CREAMSICLE PIE
Recipe & photo: fivehearthome.com 05-23-14
- 5 oz
- salted pretzels, finely crushed in a food processor
- 1/2 c
- 10 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 1 1/2 c
- powdered sugar, divided
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 oz
- frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- additional whipped cream, orange slices, and mini pretzels (for garnish, if desired)
FOR THE CRUST:
FOR THE FILLING:
How to Make FROZEN ORANGE CREAMSICLE PIE
- 1For the crust: Mix together pretzel crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake in a preheated 325º oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool completely.
- 2For the filling: Pour heavy cream into a large bowl along with 1/4 cup powdered sugar and vanilla. Use an electric mixer to beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Scrape whipped cream into a separate bowl and set aside.
- 3Without cleaning mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining 1-1/4 cups powdered sugar until smooth. Blend in orange juice concentrate and beat until well incorporated. Gently fold 1/4 of whipped cream into orange juice mixture. Repeat with remaining whipped cream, working 1/4 at a time and taking care not to overmix.
- 4Pour filling into cooled pie shell and smooth top. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving to allow to soften slightly for slicing. Garnish with fresh whipped cream, orange slices, and/or mini pretzels, if desired.