Cherry Almond Butter Tart Gluten Free
1/2 csugar or splenda
1/2 ccrunchy almond butter
2 Tbspunsalted butter, softened
1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
1/8 tsppure almond extract
1 cgluten-free all purpose flour mix, without gums
1/4 tspkosher salt
2 ozbittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 1/4 lbcherries, pitted and halved
2 Tbspdark brown sugar(splenda has this too)
1 corganic heavy cream
How to Make Cherry Almond Butter Tart Gluten Free
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. In the bowl of a food processor,pulse sugar,almond butter, butter and egg together until well combined. Add the extracts. Beat to combine. In a separate bowl,mix flour with salt. Pulse flour mixture into butter mixture until fully incorporated.
- Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. It may help to wet your hands a bit. Chill the dough for 30 minutes. Poke the tart with a fork many times across the bottom. Line inside of tart shell tightly with nonstick foil.
- Adhering it to the bottom and sides of the crust to support it during baking. Place on a sheet pan. Bake for about 15 minutes,or until the sides of the dough look dry. Remove foil and bake for about 12 more minutes,or until the center of tart looks dry and the edges begin to brown.
- Remove from sheet pan to cool slightly. (If you don’t own a tart pan, roll dough out on parchment into a 1/2-inch thick square, place on sheet pan with parchment, chill for 30 minutes, poke all over with fork, and bake until edges are golden and crust is dry looking (about 20 minutes.)
- While tart is still warm,remove from the tart ring and place on a serving platter. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over gently simmering water. Paint chocolate with a pastry brush to coat inside of crust.
- Let cool completely,until chocolate is set. Toss cherries with brown sugar and let sit for 15 minutes. Whip the cream to soft peaks just before serving. Spoon into shell,top with cherries and serve!