BLUEBERRY REFRIGERATOR PIE
Recipe & photo: kraftrecipes.com
7 Tbspbutter, divided
1 1/2 cvanilla wafers (about 50 wafers), finely crushed
4 cfresh blueberries, divided
1/2 cplus 1 tbsp. sugar, divided
3/4 ccold water, divided
·zest and juice from 1 lemon, divided
3/4 cboiling water
1 pkg(3 oz.) jell-o lemon flavor gelatin
1 pkg(8 oz.) cool whip whipped topping, thawed, divided
How to Make BLUEBERRY REFRIGERATOR PIE
- Melt 6 Tbsp. butter; mix with wafer crumbs. Press onto bottom and up side of a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden.
- In a saucepan, bring 1-1/2 cups blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 Tbsp. cold water to a boil, stirring constantly. Dissolve cornstarch in 3 Tbsp. of the remaining cold water; whisk into the blueberry mixture. Simmer over low heat for 2 minutes or until thickened, sitrring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add reserved butter; stir until melted. Reserve 1/2 tsp. lemon zest and 1 tsp. juice. Stir remaining juice and zest into the blueberry mixture. Pour into crust.
- In a medium bowl, add boiling water to Jello mix; stir for 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to remaining cold water to measure 1 cup. Add to the Jello and stir until slightly thickned. Remove any unmelted ice.
- Whisk 1 cup Cool Whip into Jello. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until Jello mixture is thick enough to mound. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of the remaining blueberries; spoon over blueberry layer in crust.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Top pie with remaining juice and remaining sugar; spoon over pie.