Best Pecan Pie
How to Make Best Pecan Pie
- 1Prepare pie crust for a deep 9" pie plate.
- 2Cream together the butter and sugar, with a mixer, until pale yellow.
- 3Beat in the eggs. Then add the brown sugar, salt, vanilla, and syrup, and mix well.
Stir in pecans.
- 4Pour the filling into the prepared, unbaked, crust. Bake at 350* for about 55 minutes.
Serve garnished, if desired, with whipped cream or ice cream.
- 5NOTES: The flavors are surprisingly different depending on whether you use light or dark brown sugar. Try it both ways, to see which you prefer (my favorite is light brown sugar).
If you like, layer whole pecans on top of the filling before you bake it. (I don't -- it's unnecessary extra pecans and work!)
Doubles easily for two, single crust pies.
This recipe is easily made gluten free by using a GF pie crust (I recommend Pillsbury GF pie dough!)