9th Family Generation Pecan-Topped Carrot Pie
- 4 c
- sliced fresh carrots
- 1 can(s)
- (14 ounces) sweeteed condensed milk
- 1 tsp
- pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- dash salt
- unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
- 1/2 c
- packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
How to Make 9th Family Generation Pecan-Topped Carrot Pie
- 1Add 1 in. of water to a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 9-11 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- 2Place the carrots, milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt in a blender. Cover and process until pureed; process 1 minute longer. Pour into pastry shell. Combine the pecans, brown sugar and butter; sprinkle over filling.
- 3Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and edges are browned. (Cover edges of crust with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.) Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.