Butterscotch Bonanza Bars
2 clight brown sugar, packed
2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 cflour
1 cchopped walnuts
2 cbutterscotch baking chips
How to Make Butterscotch Bonanza Bars
- Prepare a 9x13" baking dish with food release spray. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350*
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl, about one minute.
- Add the light brown sugar and stir to combine.
- Mix in the baking powder and salt, making sure they're thoroughly incorporated.
- Mix in the vanilla and the beaten eggs.
- Add the flour, about half a cup at a time, stirring after each addition.
- Stir in the nuts.
Mix in the butterscotch chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, and smooth evenly.
Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Cut into brownie-size pieces.
1)You can make light brown sugar by combining equal amounts of dark brown sugar and granulated sugar, or by mixing molasses into granulated sugar until it's the color you want -- light or dark brown.
2) You could leave the nuts out, if you prefer, or use pecans instead of walnuts.
3) If you're not a butterscotch fan, you could substitute semi-sweet chocolate chips, mini choc. chips, or use just 1 cup of butterscotch, and one cup of white or chocolate. The recipe is very versatile, but I recommend trying the original recipe first.
4) If you really want to kick these up, use 1 c. walnuts, 1 c. butterscotch chips, and 1 c. white chocolate chips. Then frost, when cool, with melted chips (any flavor you like) mixed with 2-3 t. of coconut oil.