Sweet Potato Pie Ice Cream, Iris
1&1/2 cheavy cream
4 1/2 chalf and half
FOR SWEET POTATO PUREE
3 can(s)15 oz sweet potato puree
1 1/2 tspfresh nutmeg
2 Tbspxtra rich vanilla extract
How to Make Sweet Potato Pie Ice Cream, Iris
- Place all ingredients for the sweet potato puree in sauce pan and cook down by almost half. Set aside, let cool completely.
- Pour heavy cream into a heavy bottom sauce pan. Place over medium low heat, stirring frequently, turn heat to low.
- Whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and salt in a large bowl until throughly combined.
- Slowly pour about 1/ 2 CUP of hot cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisk constantly. Repeat 3 more times whisking throughly before adding each additional 1/2 CUP of hot cream to the egg yolk mixture.
- P our egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining hot cream and whisk constantly until thickened and coats the back of the spoon, about 5 to 8 minutes. DO NOT LET MIXTURE BOIL I . E . BREAKDOWN.
- Cool completely and incorporate puree with cream mixture.
- Place in fridge and chill overnight.
- The next day pour into the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer instructions. Remove the ice cream, pack into covered container and freeze 2 hours or overnight before serving.