Sweet Potato Pie Ice Cream, Iris
- 1&1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 4 1/2 c
- half and half
- egg yolks
- 2 c
- 1/4 tsp
- 3 can(s)
- 15 oz sweet potato puree
- 2 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- fresh nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp
- xtra rich vanilla extract
- 1 pinch
FOR SWEET POTATO PUREE
How to Make Sweet Potato Pie Ice Cream, Iris
- 1Place all ingredients for the sweet potato puree in sauce pan and cook down by almost half. Set aside, let cool completely.
- 2Pour heavy cream into a heavy bottom sauce pan. Place over medium low heat, stirring frequently, turn heat to low.
- 3Whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and salt in a large bowl until throughly combined.
- 4Slowly pour about 1/ 2 CUP of hot cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisk constantly. Repeat 3 more times whisking throughly before adding each additional 1/2 CUP of hot cream to the egg yolk mixture.
- 5P our egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining hot cream and whisk constantly until thickened and coats the back of the spoon, about 5 to 8 minutes. DO NOT LET MIXTURE BOIL I . E . BREAKDOWN.
- 6Cool completely and incorporate puree with cream mixture.
- 7Place in fridge and chill overnight.
- 8The next day pour into the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer instructions. Remove the ice cream, pack into covered container and freeze 2 hours or overnight before serving.