Russian Raspberry Kisel ~ Malinoviy Kisel
It's sort of a cross between jello & pudding. :)
I combined the prep & cook times then made the cook time = cooling/refrigeration time,
How to Make Russian Raspberry Kisel ~ Malinoviy Kisel
- If using fresh raspberries, wash in cold water and drain well. Place raspberries in a large bowl and crush well with the back of a spoon.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1/2 c. water and stir until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and remaining 8 c. water and stir well. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add crushed fruit and cornstarch mixture to boiling syrup and stir for 4 to 8 minutes, or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove pan from heat and let kisel cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and serve chilled in glasses. Top with whipped cream.