How to Make Delightful Pears
- 1Combine sugar and the juice in a large saucepan, and heat over medium heat,stirring until the sugar is dissolved. add a cinnamon stick.
- 2Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and add the pears. pouch at a low simmer, turning the pears carefully, until they are easily pierced with a knife, about 20 minutes.
- 3Allow the pears to cool in the syrup, carefully turning them twice. When the are cool, drain them reserving 3 cups of the syrup.
- 4place the reserved syrup over high heat and reduce it to one cup. set aside to cool.
- 5Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the raspberries and stir the rest in the heavycream. pour some of the reserved syrup onto each plate, and place a pear on top of it. Pour a little more of the syrup over the pears, covering them. adding a dollop of the raspberry cream to each plate. and sprinkle with the reserved raspberries. serve