AMBROSIA WITH CHANTILLY CREAM
Recipe & photo: Southern Living Magazine.
- 1 c
- 3/4 c
- fresh mint, divided
- navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- blood oranges, peeled and sectioned
- grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- clementines, peeled and sectioned.
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz.) creme fraiche or sour cream
- 3/4 c
- whipping cream
- vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp
- powdered sugar
FOR THE CHANTILLY CREAM:
How to Make AMBROSIA WITH CHANTILLY CREAM
- 1Bring the sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil; stir until sugar dissolves. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; steep 1/2 cup mint 20 minutes. Strain syrup; discard solids. Cool syrup completely.
- 2Toss together citrus sections and 1/4 cup syrup. Cover and chill for 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 3Chop remaining 1/4 cup mint; toss with fruit. Serve with Chantilly Cream.
- 4CHANTILLY CREAM:
Beat creme fraiche or sour cream in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients; beat at high speed for 3 minutes or until soft peaks form. Serve on top of fruit dish.