Ultimate Rice Krispie Bars
- 1 stick
- 1 bag(s)
- (16 oz)fresh miniature marshmallows
- drops of wilton candy flavoring (cherry, lemon, peppermint)
- 9 c
- rice cereal
- food coloring , optional
- frosting in a can, optional
How to Make Ultimate Rice Krispie Bars
- 1In a large microwave safe bowl, add marshmallows and butter, zap for 30 seconds, stir to mix, repeat at 10 second intervals until marshmallows are just melted... Do NOT over heat. I zapped three times, 1 minute 30 seconds total.
- 2Stir to mix and combine, while stirring, (OPTIONAL: add food coloring 2-3 drops at a time to get desired color). Add about 5 drops of candy flavoring (Wilton brand sells at most hobby stores in the candy section, Hobby Lobby or Michaels among others).
- 3Add the Rice Cereal to the marshmallow and butter and mix. Fold until the krispies have also become coated.
Spread in an even layer about 1 inch thick in a parchment lined jelly roll pan or long cookie sheet. Allow to cool for a couple of hours until the treats are no longer tacky to the touch.
- 4Cut out with Cookie Cutters if you like or cut in squares. Store in plastic ware or sealed with cling wrap until ready to serve.
OPTIONAL: Garnish with icing and colored sugar sprinkles if you like.