Traditional Toasted Pecan Sandies
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c
- pecans, chopped, toasted, cooled
- 1 c
- powdered sugar for rolling
How to Make Traditional Toasted Pecan Sandies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees and toast the pecans for about 10 minutes. Set aside and cool.
- 2In a large mixing bowl beat butter on high for 30 seconds with a mixer. Add the 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Beat until combined. Add the water and vanilla extract. Beat in the flour and cooled, toasted pecans. If you cannot continue with the mixer, use a wooden spoon. Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- 3When the dough is easily handled, shape into 1 inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until the bottoms are light brown. Transfer to a wire rack and cool.
- 4Place the 1 cup of powdered sugar in a large bowl and toss to coat the balls. Cookies keep at room temperature for about 3 days. Or, layer between waxed paper and store in a airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.