How to Make Saltine Toffee
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a jelly roll pan, and line pan with saltine crackers in single layer.
- In a saucepan combine the sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Immediately pour over saltines and spread to cover crackers completely.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate in an even layer. Top with chopped nuts.
- Cool completely and break into pieces.