Peanut Butter Cookies (Soft & Thick)
1 cpeanut butter, creamy (not low-fat)
1 stickbutter, no substitutes, slightly softened
1/2 cbrown sugar
1/2 cwhite sugar
1 1/2 tspreal vanilla
1 1/2 cflour
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies (Soft & Thick)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and peanut butter until well mixed.
- Add brown sugar and white sugar and mix on medium for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add salt, soda, baking powder, vanilla and egg. Mix until well blended.
- Slowly add flour until just mixed and dough is a uniform color.
- Roll into 1 1/2" balls. (Can roll in sugar at this point, but I never do.)
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet. (12 to a large cookie sheet.) With a large glass or the palm of your hand, flatten just a little bit... not too much! You want them to stay thick and chunky! =)
- Bake for 7-8 minutes until they just start to brown. Don't over bake. Cool on wire racks topped with paper toweling to cool.
- ***To keep cookies like these soft for several days, (...if there's any left!) place a piece of white sandwich bread in with the cookies in a large ziplock bag the next day. When the bread starts to become firm, replace with a new piece.