CHEWY OATMEAL COOKIES
3 cquick cooking oats (uncooked)
1 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
3/4 cbutter flavor shortening
1/2 cwhite sugar
1 cfirmly packed dark brown sugar
1 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make CHEWY OATMEAL COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first four ingredients and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, beat together remaining ingredients until creamy.
- Add the flour and oat mixture and mix well.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 14 minutes.
- As soon as cool, store in air-tight container.
- Recipe may be doubled.