CARAMEL FILLED MAPLE PECAN COOKIES
Recipe & photo: kraftfoods.com
1 pkg(8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 cbutter, softened
2 tspmaple extract
2-1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 cfinely chopped pecans
How to Make CARAMEL FILLED MAPLE PECAN COOKIES
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with mixer until blended. Add sugar and extract; mix well. Gradually add flour, beating well after each addition.
- Microwave caramels and half-and-half in a small microwavable bowl on HIGH for 1-1/2 minutes or until caramels are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 1 minute. Cool 5 minutes.
- Shape dough into 48 (1-inch) balls. Roll in nuts until evenly coated. Place 2 inches apart on parchment-covered baking sheets. Indent centers.
- Pour caramel sauce into resealable plastic bag. Cut small piece off one bottom corner of bag; use to squeeze caramel sauce into indentations in center of dough.
- Bake in a preheated 350º oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely before serving.