CARAMEL CINNAMON SWIRL BARS
Recipe & photo: lookbook.mccormick.com
1 1/2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
2 tspground cinnamon
1 1/2 cbrown sugar
1/2 cbutter, softened
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1 cpecans, chopped
How to Make CARAMEL CINNAMON SWIRL BARS
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside. In another bowl, mix brown sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and pecans until well blended. Add flour mixture and blend well.
- Reserve 1 cup of the batter. Spread remaining batter into a lightly greased 13x9" baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 15 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and milk on HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes or until caramels are completely melted, stirring after every minute. Cool for 5 minutes or until slightly thick.
- Pour over baked layer in pan, spreading to within 1/2 inch of edges. Drop reserved 1 cup batter by spoonfuls over caramel layer. Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect.
- Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars and enjoy the caramel-y decadence.