Caramel Apple Crisp Bars
Recipe originally found in Food & Family magazine.
2cups oats, old fashioned or quick cooking
1 1/4cups flour, divided
1tsp. baking soda
1tsp. ground cinnamon
1cup butter, softened
3/4cup brown sugar
1pkg. (11 oz.) kraft caramels
2tablespoons milk or 1/2 & 1/2
2large baking apples (one granny smith and one gala or honeycrisp suggested.) chopped, about 2 cups
How to Make Caramel Apple Crisp Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 13 x 9 inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Spray with cooking spray. Mix oats, 1 cup flour , baking soda and spices until blended.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually, beat in oat mixture until blended. Reserve 1 cup butter mixture. Press remaining onto bottom of prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave caramels and milk in microwavable bowl on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or until caramels are completely melted and mixture is well blended. Stir in remaining flour.
- Sprinkle apples over crust and drizzle with caramel sauce. Crumble remaining oat mixture over caramel sauce.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Use foil handles to remove bars from pan before cutting into bars.