Elderberry Syllabub in Dark Chocolate Cups
This is a fabulous desert heaped into bowls with crushed amaretti biscuits sprinkled on top. Here I have given it a modern twist and used it as a sweet canapé.
How to Make Elderberry Syllabub in Dark Chocolate Cups
- 1Mix together the wine, sugar and lemon juice, cover the bowl with clingfilm and leave overnight.
- 2The following day whip the cream until it holds soft peaks.
- 3Making sure the mixer is on its slowest settings slowly add the wine mix a little at a time. Combine well and then add a little more. Once all the wine has been added continue to mix slowly until it thickens.
- 4Spoon mix into a piping bag and pipe into chocolate cups. place in fridge until ready to serve. These can be made the day before an event.
- 5You can use any wine you like. Traditionally people tend to use dry white, but you can also use fruit wines like this recipe has or even cider.
- 6NOTES: I believe it is very difficult to get true double cream in the USA. Your best option is to purchase pasteurised -------- NOT 'Ultra-pateurised' Heavy cream. The most likely places to have this would be a whole food store.