Smooth and Creamy Chocolate Fudge
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- light corn syrup
- 2/3 c
- whole milk
- 2 1/2
- squares unsweetend chocolate (or 6 tablespoons cocoa)
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 c
- chopped, toasted nuts (if desired)
How to Make Smooth and Creamy Chocolate Fudge
- 1Grease a 9"X9" glass baking pan with butter. Set aside.
- 2Combine sugar, corn syrup, milk and chocolate (or cocoa) in a heavy saucepan. Mix well. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture reaches 234 degrees F. (soft ball stage) on a candy thermometer - STIRRING CONSTANTLY. Remove from heat.
- 3Add butter, salt and vanilla. DO NOT STIR!
- 4When cool enough to hold hand on bottom of pan, add baking powder and begin beating with a wooden spoon.
- 5When mixture starts to thicken add nuts if desired. Continue beating until mixture looses its gloss and holds its shape when dropped from a spoon onto waxed paper.
- 6Quickly transfer to a heavily greased glass baking pan and spread evenly. Let cool for at least one hour before cutting into squares.