Smooth and Creamy Chocolate Fudge
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 cgranulated sugar
2 Tbsplight corn syrup
2/3 cwhole milk
2 1/2squares unsweetend chocolate (or 6 tablespoons cocoa)
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cchopped, toasted nuts (if desired)
How to Make Smooth and Creamy Chocolate Fudge
- Grease a 9"X9" glass baking pan with butter. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, milk and chocolate (or cocoa) in a heavy saucepan. Mix well. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture reaches 234 degrees F. (soft ball stage) on a candy thermometer - STIRRING CONSTANTLY. Remove from heat.
- Add butter, salt and vanilla. DO NOT STIR!
- When cool enough to hold hand on bottom of pan, add baking powder and begin beating with a wooden spoon.
- When mixture starts to thicken add nuts if desired. Continue beating until mixture looses its gloss and holds its shape when dropped from a spoon onto waxed paper.
- Quickly transfer to a heavily greased glass baking pan and spread evenly. Let cool for at least one hour before cutting into squares.