Slow Cooker Peanut 'Not Brittle' Candy
- 3 c
- sugar or splenda
- 1 c
- light corn syrup
- 4 c
- of your favorite nuts (i used lightly salted peanuts and cashews)
- 4 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 tsp
- baking soda
- parchment paper or release foil
How to Make Slow Cooker Peanut 'Not Brittle' Candy
- 1Drop the 4 tablespoons of butter into your crockpot. Add the sugar and the corn syrup on top of the butter. Pour in the vanilla. Cover your crockpot and turn to high for one hour. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or release foil. After an hour,stir well to mix everything around.
- 2Add the baking soda. It will sizzle and make fun noises. Your sugar mixture will be kind of milky yellow and the sugar might still look
granulated. Cover again and cook on high for another 30 minutes. Check and stir in nuts. Cover and cook again for another 15-30 minutes.
- 3Or until the sugar mixture is brown and looks the color of peanut brittle. Or a payday candy bar nugent. Using oven mitts,carefully pour half of the pot onto each cookie sheet and spread out with a spatula. It will be lumpy because of the nuts. Let cool at room
temperature for about an hour. Then tear into pieces.