MAPLE LEAVES CANDY
Recipe & photo: candy.about.com
How to Make MAPLE LEAVES CANDY
- Prepare molds by spraying them with nonstick cooking spray, or line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Pour the syrup into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Make sure the saucepan is large enough that the syrup will not boil over the top.
- Insert a candy thermometer and add the butter to the syrup, stirring to blend. Bring the syrup to 240 degrees (soft-ball stage) and remove from the heat.
- Allow syrup to cool for 2 to 3 minutes, and then beat with a wooden spoon until it thickens, lightens in color and turns opaque, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stop stirring when it reaches the desired point, so it doesn't set completely in the pan.
- Spoon into the molds or onto the cookie sheet and smooth the tops. Allow to set to 5 to 7 minutes and then pop out of the molds, or cut it into squares if using a cookie sheet. You can also cut it into shapes with cookie cutters from the cookie sheet.