Date-Nut Bites: HealthiER Treats!
7medjool dates, pitted
1/4 ccoconut & peanut spread **
1 Tbspground flaxseed ***
4 tsptoasted coconut chips #
1 Tbspchocolate chips, mini
1 Tbspcocoa, unsweetened
How to Make Date-Nut Bites: HealthiER Treats!
- In small bowl of food processor, add almonds; pulse until small ground, but still nuts (not nut butter).
- Add coconut & peanut spread**, ground flaxseed***, and crushed toasted coconut chips#; pulse until combined, scraping down sides as necessary.
**I used "Earth Balance Creamy Coconut & Peanut Spread", a NON GMO product. Found at my local Publix grocery store. Pic to the left.
***I used "Linwoods Ground Flaxseed, Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Walnuts, & Q10". Found at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. Pic below.
# I used "Creative Snacks Co. Organic Toasted Coconut Chips". Found at Costco. Pic above.
- Using a 1/2 Tablespoon measure, spoon up the mix then roll into balls.
- Sprinkle cocoa on a plate and roll (some or all) balls to coat. I coated some totally, others only partially, some not at all.
- Place in a sealed container and put in the fridge to chill so they'll retain their form. Enjoy!