Dark Kiss Fudge
- 1 c
- 14 oz
- cinnamon imperials candy
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 2/3 c
- 2 c
- good quality dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp
- 1 jar(s)
- marshmallow creme
How to Make Dark Kiss Fudge
- 1Prepare a 9x9 baking dish with food release spray. Set aside.
- 2On medium-low heat begin melting the butter in a large, heavy 3 qt. saucepan.
- 3Stir in the cinnamon candy, then add the sugar, salt, and half-n-half.
Stir constantly, as the candy begins to melt.
- 4When the candy is mostly melted, increase heat to medium. Stir constantly.
Continue to cook and stir until the mixture reaches a rolling boil. Cook hard, stirring constantly, 5 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat. Stir in the chocolate chips. Then add the marshmallow creme and vanilla.
Stir vigorously as chocolate melts and marshmallow is thoroughly incorporated.
- 6When the ingredients are combined, pour the fudge into the prepared pan.
Allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until firm.
- 7Serve at room temp.
1) We thought the flavor was better after it sat overnight.
2) I used vanilla, but you may like to try cinnamon flavoring. My daughter suggests cinnamon schnopps :)
3) I use Silk brand soy creamer instead of half-n-half, and you could also substitute evaporated milk.
4) The chocolate I used was 62%. Higher cacao content would be good, but I don't recommend less.
5) My family thinks the texture is perfect for serving "truffle-style", rolled in crushed cinnamon candy or cocoa powder.
6) For holiday or special occasion presentation, consider serving individual pieces in decorative mini paper cups.