YUMMY STRAWBERRY CAKE
Recipe from Greenbeandelivery.com
- 6 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pie plate
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- soft whole wheat flour or buckwheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- plus 2 tsp. sucanat (or turbinado sugar)
- 1 large
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 lb
- strawberries, hulled and halved
How to Make YUMMY STRAWBERRY CAKE
- 1Butter a 10" pie plate. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- 2Place butter and 1 cup sucanat in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium-low; mix in egg, milk, and vanilla.
- 3Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture. Transfer batter to buttered pie plate. Arrange strawberries on top of batter, cut sides down and as close together as possible. Sprinkle remaining sucanat over berries.
- 4Bake in a preheated 350º over for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325º. Bake until cake is golden brown and firm to the touch, about 45 minutes. Let cool in pie plate on a wire rack. Cut into wedges. Cake can be stored at room temperature, loosely covered, up to 2 days. Makes one 10-inch cake.
- 5Cake may be served with a dollop of whipped cream. Or how about a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Or even strawberry ice cream--told you it was yummy!